Everyone knows that the Walt Disney World Parks offer some of the most enjoyable dining experiences in the world. However, these experiences are not exclusive to the Disney Parks but some of our favorite meals and treats have been found at Disney’s Resorts.
In this “Top 5” blog, I wanted to share some of our family and friend’s favorite “eats and treats” at Disney World Resorts.
- Beaches & Cream Soda Shop: If the beauty of the Beach Club Resort and the convenient walk to Disney’s Epcot isn’t enough to persuade you to make a reservation at Beaches & Cream the food and desserts will surely change your mind. Beaches & Cream offers a variety of burgers and sandwiches but it’s the desserts that really make this a stop regardless of your dining decisions. Beaches & Cream touts an extensive menu of floats, milkshakes, sundaes and most importantly, their famous “Kitchen Sink”. Please take the time to look up Beaches & Cream on YouTube or browse through their menu (check it here) and I would almost guarantee you will make plan your entire day to accommodate a stop to this dining experience. And if the food is not enough, the authentic 50’s Soda Shop decor is a great bonus or if you simply want to conveniently take advantage of the desserts and make your dinner plans elsewhere, an honorable mention to our list and one of my favorite dining stops, Cape May, is just a few feet away!
- Chef Mickey’s: It’s just not a complete trip to Walt Disney World without experiencing Chef Mickey’s. Found in Disney’s Contemporary Resort, just outside of the Magic Kingdom you will experience all of Disney’s beloved characters as Mickey and his pals walk right up to your table as Monorail trains go flying by creating a “Disney Experience” that rivals any experience found at one of Disney’s Parks. In addition to their unique character experience and resort atmosphere, their all you can eat buffet is quite good and offers a variety of choices for anyone in the family regardless of age or taste. You can learn much more about this incredible Disney Dining Experience by checking out our Mouse Advisor Review here.
- Whispering Canyon Cafe: If there has been one place that has been the unanimous “must eat” restaurant found at a Disney Resort, it has been Whispering Canyon Cafe. Unfortunately, I have yet to make it there myself but due to its overwhelming response, I feel like I have been there myself (Good news, we have reservations this year!). I’m not sure if it’s the bottomless platters, games, humorous cast members, or the “Old West” atmosphere but it seems that people can’t seem to get enough of the Whispering Canyon Cafe. If I had the opportunity to eat there myself, I would probably rank it number one but we’ll give it a strong 3 for the time being.
- Boma – Flavors of Africa: It’s an impressive feat when you can offer the caliber of food Boma offers and to be known for a dessert. Boma is an incredible dining experience and the Animal Kingdom Lodge is an experience in itself but if you search for Disney’s best desserts and snacks, Zebra Domes will be among the top of any list. But don’t let the Zebra Domes hog all the attention, Boma offers a delicious, family-friendly buffet and if you happen to be at Walt Disney World for Mother’s Day, Boma is one of three participating Disney Dining Restaurants that offers a special Mother’s Day Brunch.
- ‘Ohana: ‘Ohana, at the Polynesian Resort, is a unique character experience that offers both breakfast and dinner dining opportunities. However ‘Ohana is much more than you typical character dining experience, offering fun games, storytelling, and some dancing with your favorite Disney characters. Regardless if you are looking for a family fun character experience or an all-you-care-to-eat Hawaiian feast, ‘Ohana does not disappoint.
So next time you visit Walt Disney World, do not limit your meal planning to the parks but broaden your scope to some of the most enjoyable meals and experiences Disney has to offer at their resorts! Who knows, you might even find your next Disney Resort home!